home shop about xx
Die Tomorrow
Wednesday 19 December 2012 @ 02:19 | 0 notes


"Learn to count your blessings and always appreciate what you have in life, because you'll never know what tomorrow might bring."

The Christmas season never fails to bring out certain emotions in me. During this period of time, I'm always more appreciative of the people and things I have around me. It's not that I'm not appreciative of everything through out the rest of the year, but for me, December is always a season where I'd always have so much to give thanks for.

You know those people who live such fast-paced lives and are always busy with God-knows-what? Well, I'm one of those people. Thing is, when you live such a fast paced life, you don't have time to stop and smell the flowers, you just take a glance at them and move on. And so often at times, you just overlook all the little things in life that matter because you're so busy focusing on the other things that you are chasing after.

I don't know if all this emotion building up in me is because it's the end of the year and I'm looking back at how this year has been or if it's because of the whole end of the world thing (which I highly doubt so), but I feel so guilt-ridden. People always say that it's alright because it's human nature to chase after what we want in life and only to realize the value of things when we don't have them anymore. But I don't want to live like that, I want to be able to tell the people I have in my life that I love them when I can and not when they are gone. I want to live my life with the full knowledge of all the good things I have and be able to appreciate them and be happy and not chase after all the things that I do not have and feel so empty. Mahatma Ghandi once said, "Live as if you were to die tomorrow", who knows what tomorrow might bring? Who knows if there is even a tomorrow to begin with? This quote is more than living life while yelling "YOLO" at the top of your lungs and doing crazy things to try to live life to the fullest, but mostly to live in the moment. What would you do if it was your last day on earth? You wouldn't chase after the frivolous things in life, but instead you would tell those you love how much they mean to you, you would spend your time on meaningful things. To live life in such a way where you will have no regrets at the end of it all, that is of greatest importance.

For what's left of this year, and for the years to come, I want to live life right. And at the end of the day, I want be able to say that I've truly lived as if I were to die tomorrow.

Labels: , ,


The Blogger

Cheryl L.
Fashion x Photography x Travel
& everything else under the sun

To infinity and beyond ∞


Website: Tumblr Twitter




Adverts




Archives

Adversity
Imperfection
Beginnings



archives
· December 2012
· January 2013
· February 2013
· March 2013
· April 2013
· June 2013
· July 2013
· August 2013
· October 2013
· November 2013
· December 2013